MOST RECENT UPDATE: April 3rd 2014..
The following is a directory or resource for Southern California hop enthusiasts on finding the gold nectar that is Pliny the Younger. Russian River Brewing releases this beer just once a year. (Coincidentally it appears to be brewed around Christmas?) This year marks the beers 10th anniversary of bitterness and onslaught onto the craving adventurous palate. Russian River will release this year’s batch to the public February 7th 2014 at the brewpub in Santa Rosa California. The week following the 7th, the beer will make it’s distribution route to accounts where Russian River beers are received. If you are interested in visiting the brewpub for the release they allocate a limited amount of Younger daily so they won’t completely sell out. Hotels in the area offer Pliny the Younger deals.
My post regarding the 2013 release of Pliny the Younger was very well received and i’d to continue it with another directory of where and how to find this beer for this years release.
PLEASE NOTE: From here on out I will refer to Younger as PtY and the businesses listed here are based upon the 2013 release and previous years of PtY releases. This does not make it a guarantee that they will receive the beer for 2014, but more likely. If you have questions or would like to add your confirmation of PtY, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on Twitter @ChaseCraftBeer and LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE INFO! http://www.facebook.com/chasecraftbeer
Happy hunting! The PtY storm is about to commence.. The below directory will now be updated as often as I hear about tapping confirmations.
- Beachwood BBQ-Long Beach: Info on the 3rd Annual Pliny Fights Cancer HERE
- Blue Palms Brewhouse: *DATE CHANGE!*Will tap PtY on 2/22. $20 for a 10 oz pour and proceeds benefit the Keep-a-Breast foundation. More info at the BPBH FB Event Page
- Verdugo Bar: *OFFICIAL* PtY will be tapped 2/20 at 8PM, doors open at 6pm. Tweet and FB Event Page
- Mohawk Bend: *OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY 2/22 at 9:30AM with a ticket system. 280 tickets, 6oz pour and cost $6.50
- Surly Goat: *OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY Thursday 2/27 according to a tweet on twitter.
- Tony’s Darts Away: *OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY for Tuesday’s at Tony’s on 2/25 with tickets on sale at 3PM and tapping at 5PM.
- 38° Ale House:*OFFICIAL* Has announced they will tap PtY on 2/22 more details at their event page 38°FB Event Page
- Eureka! (Claremont): *OFFICIAL* Only 160 tickets and going on sale at 11am. PtY will be tapped at 3pm and will only be available in a flight with PtE, Damnation, and Collaboration not litigation or The Lost Abbey Cuvee De Tomme.
- The Bottle Room: *OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY 3/2 at 12pm. Details
- Blind Lady Ale House:*OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY on 2/23 at 3pm. All proceeds are going to the charity Cancer Survivors. Cost is $23 a ticket BLAH and T!T! PtY info. Ticket system goes online 2/21 at 12pm via http://plinyatblah2014.bpt.me/
- Churchills Pub and Grille: *OFFICIAL* PtY tapping at their annual Renaissance on 3/1 . Tons of other great beers available too! I should be here for this event.
- Tiger! Tiger!:*OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY on 2/26 at 5pm. All proceeds are going to Cancer for College. Cost is $23 a ticket BLAH and T!T! PtY info. Ticket system goes online 2/22 at 12pm via http://plinyattiger2014.bpt.me/
- O’Briens Pub:*OFFICIAL* First keg 2/22 at 4PM. They will also tap a second keg with ticket sales benefiting animal related charities. Tickets ($15 for a 10 oz pour) go on sale 2/20 with the second keg being tapped the 2/26. A third keg with no ticket sales will be tapped Tuesday 3/4 at 11am.
- SD Taproom: *OFFICIAL* First keg for their 7th Anniversary party 2/22 at 12PM. Second keg will be tapped 2/26 at 5pm. SD TapRoom 7th Anni details and SD TapRoom PtY details.
- Toronado: Went rogue and tapped two kegs 2/18 at 11AM. Reports of another keg tapping sometime soon. Maybe Sunday 2/23?
- Urge Gastropub: Would not confirm a date but will send a tweet on twitter when tapped, so keep your eyes peeled on @UrgeGastropub
- Hamiltons Tavern: Tapped PtY 2/19 at 3PM.
- Encinitas Ale House: *OFFICIAL* PtY tapping Sunday 2/23 at 12pm to Younger card holders. If you did not receive a card, it will become available to the public Monday 2/24 at 4pm.
- Stone Brewing World Bisto: Tapped PtY 2/18
- Pizza Port Carlsbad: Will tap PtY when they open today (2/24) at 11am.
- Live Wire: ?
- Hollingsheads Deli:*OFFICIAL* 2/17. Last year there was a crazy line so get there early.
- Beachwood BBQ-Seal Beach: Info on the 3rd Annual Pliny Fights Cancer HERE.
- Haven Gastropub: *OFFICIAL* 2/24 at 11am. If a line forms tickets will be handed out. $8 for an 8 oz pour.
- BONUS ROUND. Haven Gastropub will host a beer brunch on 4/6 at 9am. A beer flight with great Russian River IPA’s (PtE and Blind Pig) with be included with a PtY pour. Details here.
- Selma’s Chicago Pizzeria (Rancho Santa Margarita): *OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY on 3/3 with a ticket system. No ticket, no younger. Get it ASAP.
- Selma’s Chicago Pizzeria (Ladera Ranch): *OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY on 3/4 with a ticket system. No ticket, no younger. Get your ticket ASAP.
- Tustin Brewing Co: Will hold a Russian River week, more details at Tustin PtY FB Event Page. BUY A TICKET! They will tap PtY on 2/19 at 3pm. Ensuring an amazing RR week
- Anthill Pub and Grille: *OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY on 3/8. Tickets are $5 and go on sale 2/24. PtY will only be poured for ticket holders.
- Pizza Port (San Clemente): Tapped PtY 2/19 at about 12:00 and gone by 1:00
- The Salted Pig: *OFFICIAL* Will tap PtY on 2/19 at 11AM with other Russian River goodies. Details here.
- Killarney’s Irish Pub: ?
Other PtY info and tappings can be found at The Full Pint